Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Review #135: Aberlour Single Highland Malt 1989 "Distiller's Selection", 40% abv, OB


and it's not even A'bunadh

I think I missed a number or two in my reviews. Oh well. This is an Aberlour that I just found, and it seems to be the first Aberlour that I've written up. I have no idea what it is. Here is a web page that is sort of about it. It smells nice. I'm guessing it was bottled around 2002 or 2003?

nose: fudge very intense sherry apples. marshmallows, hazelnuts, and a little coffee (light roast), but mostly it's kind of a creamy-toffee sweetness with a tart fruitiness.

palate: wow, it holds up. I didn't think it would. Tart apples at first, and then candied nuts and toasted oak. Ginger candies.

finish: sweet oak and the fruit lingers. slightly drying but pleasantly so.


This doesn't have a lot of intensity, but it has a very mature and well-balanced flavor profile. Extremely enjoyable.

score: 89




No comments:

Post a Comment